Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Pastime

I've got a little extra time on my hands these days (you may have gathered as much, considering the amount of energy I have been devoting to Dancing With The Stars). I'm not working a 9 to 5, and I probably won't get one before I start graduate school in the fall.

I'm trying to use my time well. I'm writing a little every day, I'm hitting the gym a lot, and I'm volunteering every time I have the chance. I still need a little something more to occupy my time.

I live in a Southern town with some great history. This includes the history of my family, both sides of which have roots here. I've been doing a little research and learned some surprising stuff. My great-grandmother was a fairly proper lady, but her brother was a wild character, and a big-time fox hunter.

If you don't live around here, you probably picture fox hunting as a relic of Old England, but it's still happening around here. On the internet I found a local fox hunting club, and I signed up to join them on their next outing. I don't think I'll be handling any guns, since I'm not exactly handy with a weapon, but I'll be participating, still, and will experience the thrill of the chase. I'm hoping it will bring me a little closer to my family's history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home