Monday, March 24, 2008

Good food

In addition to being my favorite magazine, Real Simple has a great (free) website with a searchable database of recipes. I tweaked this one slightly and ended up with something delicious.*

I added a thinly sliced green pepper and used whole wheat angel hair for the noodles.

I also have a lot of free time on my hands right now, so for an extra-savory-mushroomy soup I removed the shiitake stems in the morning and made stock out of them. I sautéed onion, celery and carrot in olive oil, added the chopped stems, 6 cups of water and a good dose of salt and pepper and boiled for a little while. Don’t be shy with the salt.

Plain vegetable stock would probably work fine, although I’d cut out some of the soy sauce since commercial stock tends to be so salty.

*I have made plenty of their recipes without tweaking and still had delicious results.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clan Hill said...

I think my marriage would suffer if it wasn't for my cherished Real Simple showing up in my mailbox once a month. Fake it Don't Make it is my favorite.

March 26, 2008 at 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home