Thursday, September 20, 2007

Woohoo!

I got my first recipe, and it has filled me with glee. I bet it is delicious with ground turkey or boca crumbles (if you are using the latter, though, be sure to add plenty of oil to the pan, and don't skimp on the seasonings).

Maybe I'll test these before I post them, and maybe I won't.



This is fascinating--we could see what kind of recipes we get from different regions, or from people I've met at different stages of my life. Ooh, I am so excited. Geesh, I am such a food-geek. Perhaps just an everything-geek

Well, this recipe comes from a lovely (and apparently very prompt) lady in the South. I did not ask her specific permission to include her name, so I won't.

Taco Pie



Ingredients

1 lb. lean ground meat

1 packet of taco seasoning mix

1 package of crescent rolls

1 egg

2-1/2 to 3 Cups grated cheese (I use sharp cheddar plus a mexican blend)

Sour cream (optional)

Tomatoes (optional)

1 small onion (optional)

1 small can green chiles (optional)

Pie pan



Directions Preheat oven to 350 desgrees. Brown 1 lb. of lean ground meat, add taco seasoning, following the packet directions. Add finely chopped onions (if you like) and simmer for a few minutes. While meat is browning, place the triangles of dough from the crescent rolls into the pie plate, pressing together so they form a pie crust in the pan. Place pan w/crust in oven for about 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Mix egg and pour into the pan, spreading it around. Next, cover the bottom of the pan w/grated cheese. Add green chiles to meat mixture (if desired). Pour meat mixture into pie pan (on top of the egg). Add remaining cheese to the top (sometimes I mix some of the cheese in with the meat mixture, just depends on how much I have). Place in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut in pie-like slices and serve with sour cream and pico de gallo. Goes well with a small side salad, also.

3 Comments:

Blogger notDandy said...

I agree with you about the word 'panty' It always seemed artificially coy and somehow salacious. The proper name is underpants and is not gender specific. Do you suppose parental ideas rub off on offspring. Caio, LouLou

September 20, 2007 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger notDandy said...

The above comment is not from Armistead but moi. This is my maiden voyage on the great blog sea. I don't know how to change the name so c'est la guerre. LouLou

September 20, 2007 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Clan Hill said...

This recipe was way too easy and super delicious. I added tomatoes between the cheese and the meat. Next time I think I will try some black olives and maybe some black beans. Yummy!
I'm disappointed I didn't receive more recipes. I will send you the one's I did get and you can post them.

September 25, 2007 at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home