Friday, April 22, 2011

What to Say Postscript #1

4) I/my wife/my friend had the worst labor. I shall now proceed to tell you the inappropriate details.
Do not relate to me now, or to any pregnant lady (or really, anyone, ever), the horrible things that you or someone you know endured during labor, if unsolicited. If I want to know, I will ask you. Plenty of my close friends and family have willingly shared their labor stories, and I've found that helpful. BECAUSE I ASKED. No one should have to hear traumatic stories about how you thought your wife was going to die. We survive the anxious weeks before delivery by imagining that labor will be two hours long, involving soothing music and puppies and three big pushes that kinda pinch a little.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

So glad you're posting again! This means you'll be live blogging labor and delivery, right? Excellent. I'm looking forward to it.

I bet there are thumb exercises you could start now, so that your blogging from your phone in the delivery room will be at maximum speed and accuracy.

Wait, scratch all that. You look gorgeous. What can I do for you?

April 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home